Corporate TEAM BUILDING can have several different objectives such as getting to know new members, learning how to work better together, or celebrating an accomplishment. Our AMERICA’S CUP Racing Yachts provide the perfect venue and experiences to accomplish these in an unforgettable fashion.
- This is the only place in the U.S. with two International America’s Cup Class racing yachts. Stars & Stripes USA-11 and IL Moro di Venezia ITA-16 both competed in the event held in San Diego in 1992.
- The boats had a crew of 16 when they raced and we provide a crew of 6, so your team will join in to help get maximum performance out of these high performance racers.
- Each guest will take a turn at the helm while the rest of the team grinds the winches to trim the sails.
- If interested, we offer an America’s Cup history presentation prior to the sail.
- A photographer will be on board to take photos and videos that can be viewed immediately after the event in our office. The photos will be uploaded overnight into Google Albums with a link sent the next day.
- The minimum price for a 3 hour sail aboard Stars & Stripes is $1,800 for up to 18 guests. Each additional guest is $100 up to a maximum of 24.
- IL Moro can be added for a “racing event” for a flat fee of $1,800 for up to 12 guests.
Call Lynn Hanna at (619)255-4705 or use our Contact Form to book your team building or corporate charter today.
About Stars & Stripes USA-11
Stars & Stripes USA-11 is ONE of several America’s Cup racing yachts named Stars & Stripes that were used by Team Dennis Conner while competing in America’s Cup events. Our Stars & Stripes also known as USA-11, competed in the event held in San Diego in 1992. In 1987, Dennis Conner won the America’s Cup back from Australia with a 12 meter yacht named Stars & Stripes US-55. She raced in the US Virgin Islands and San Francisco before returning home to San Diego in 2006.
- Every guest taking a turn at the helm
- Rotation through all crew positions
- Time trials between teams
- Team apparel – Jackets, Polo shirts, T-shirts and Caps
- Celebrate afterwards in our office, watching photos & videos
USA-11 is an International America’s Cup Class yacht that was designed to be sailed in the moderate winds of San Diego. USA-11 is larger and has twice the sail area of the 12 meter US-55. The 28th America’s Cup was contested between the winner of the 1992 Citizen Cup defender selection series, America³, and the winner of the 1992 Louis Vuitton Cup challenger selection series, Il Moro di Venezia. Click for more info.
About IL Moro ITA-16
“Raul Gardini was born at Ravenna in 1933 the North of Italy and started sailing when he was 12. He rose from a middle-class background to become the head of the Ferruzzi Group, a $30-billion agricultural, chemical and financial empire founded by his wife’s father.” More info here.
” Il Moro di Venezia I (sail number ITA 01), launched in Venice ‘s March 11 1990
” Il Moro di Venezia II (sail number ITA 07), launched in Puerto Portals on August 7 1990
” Il Moro di Venezia III (sail number ITA 15), launched in San Diego on April 15 1991
” Il Moro di Venezia IV (sail number ITA 16), launched in San Diego on June 15 1991
” Il Moro di Venezia V (sail number ITA 25), launched in San Diego on December 16 1991
The boat was purchased by a group in California, shipped to Port Hueneme and taken to Ventura Harbor Boat Yard. The boat spent several years in Ventura and was sold to Steve Pattison and Mark Niblack of Carbon Performance Sailing, LLC. Their company owns the 1992 America’s Cup yacht Stars & Stripes (USA-11) and charters it in San Diego as well as racing it in local races. Carbon Performance Sailing does business as SAIL USA-11 and TEAM USA-11 and can be found on our Team-Building San Diego Page.